Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

New Spring by Robert Jordan

In the last few years before his death, Robert Jordan worked closely with Chuck Dixon and Mike Miller on the graphic adaptation of New Spring.

The eight full-color issues of New Spring, released between 2005 and 2010, tell the story of the search for the infant Dragon Reborn and of the adventures of Moiraine Damodred, a young Aes Sedai, and Lan Mandragoran, the uncrowned king of a long-dead nation.  Adapted by noted comics writer Chuck Dixon with the full cooperation of Robert Jordan, and illustrated by artists Mike Miller and Harvey Tolibao, New Spring will delight any of Robert Jordan’s millions of readers.

Tor is proud to collect all eight issues of New Spring in a single volume, which will also include developmental art, script pages, and correspondence between Jordan and Dixon. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1347851319

Um, I don't know. I couldn't really get into this graphic novel too much. I wasn't too sure about some of the things going on. That being said, I have had all of the Wheel of Time books for some time now and have not gotten to read one of them yet!! There are just so many books and too little time. I don't know if I would have started the books first if that would have helped, although I'm not sure what that would have to do with it.

I thought the graphics were so beautiful! I will add a couple on my blog as usual. But, something weird happened to the graphics toward the end. People started looking a little cartoon-ish and I think this is where I got really lost.

They have bonus material at the back showing Robert Jordan corresponding to the artists, etc.

There is also an illustrated glossary at the back of the book that I liked in particular. I like al'Lan Mandragoran. He's uh.. cool. I also thought the Ogier are the most awesome looking beings. I would like to have seen more of them :)

Overall, it was a decent graphic novel.


3 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment