Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, July 31, 2015

More Than This by Patrick Ness

A boy named Seth drowns, desperate and alone in his final moments, losing his life as the pounding sea claims him. But then he wakes. He is naked, thirsty, starving. But alive. How is that possible? He remembers dying, his bones breaking, his skull dashed upon the rocks. So how is he here? And where is this place? The street seems familiar, but everything is abandoned, overgrown, covered in dust.

What's going on? Is it real? Or has he woken up in his own personal hell? Seth begins to search for answers, hoping desperately that there must be more to this life, or perhaps this afterlife...
@goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1332085286

I am just stunned. This is one of the best sci-fi young adult books I have read. And I must admit this is the first book I have read from this author, but it's certainly not the last. I wonder if there is going to be a sequel to this book. The ending left it open that way.

Anyway, this book is so sad in so many ways... but...it's not anything I was ever expecting. Imagine you kill yourself over a lot of different things that have happened to you. And then... you wake up. Somewhere. Where are you? Why are you alone? Why are you basically naked? Wait, is that my old neighborhood? Where are all of the people, the animals. Am. I. In. Hell?

This book keeps you on the edge of your seat through the whole thing. The Whole Thing! I didn't want to put it down. The world the author created is amazing. The storyline, when you find out what is going on is just mind blowing, at least to me.

I am definitely buying this book. I would love to read this book over and over! The main character is Seth. He has some hard times come down on him, but what happens after is so cool I hardly have words to describe it.


Seth has some good friends and a decent family and later on he meets some really cool peeps named Regine and Tomasz. I love these characters. I love all of the things they have to go through. I love all of the things they find out. I love this freaking book!!!

I don't care if you are a person that doesn't like young adult, if you like sci-fi, you will like this book. I don't see how you can't.

The storyline is beautiful, scary, creepy to the nth at times and I WANT TO READ MORE!

And this is another reason I love Goodreads, I find so many awesome books to read and buy :)
Fin
 

5 Stars

 

No comments:

Post a Comment