Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Watership Down by Richard Adams

Set in England's Downs, a once idyllic rural landscape, this stirring tale of adventure, courage and survival follows a band of very special creatures on their flight from the intrusion of man and the certain destruction of their home. Led by a stouthearted pair of friends, they journey forth from their native Sandleford Warren through the harrowing trials posed by predators and adversaries, to a mysterious promised land and a more perfect society. @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1339777998


OMG! I can't believe it has taken me all of these years to read this book! It was such a wonderful book. There were some sad things, but I was able to get through it.

I loved getting lost in this world of rabbits, where they talked of their fears, of things they needed to get done, the great camaraderie between each and every one of them. They were all so brave. I loved them all. I had a soft spot mostly for Hazel, Fiver, and Bigwig. I even loved Kehaar! They were all so wonderful and such little hero's!

Even though the rabbits where going through all of these hardships I felt like I was taken back in time... to a time of childhood and great things. I guess it's hard to explain, but I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about. You didn't have to read this as a child to get that feeling.

I would recommend this book to anyone that hasn't read it yet. It will take you away to another world for a little bit of your life and it's worth it.
5 Stars



2 comments:

  1. Hey, Melissa. I had to leave a comment here. This is one of my favorite books! When I taught English, I used to teach this one to my students every year. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry it took so long to get back. I have been missing all the comments everyone makes! I can't believe this book came out when I was born and I just now got to read it this year. Better late than never. Oh, it was so good Juliette. I can see how it's one of your favorite books :)

      Delete