Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Every Fifteen Minutes by Lisa Scottoline

Dr. Eric Parrish is the Chief of the Psychiatric Unit at Havemeyer General Hospital outside of Philadelphia. Recently separated from his wife, Caitlin, he is doing his best as a single dad to his seven-year-old daughter Hannah. His work seems to be going better than his home life, however. His unit at the hospital has just been named number two in the country and Eric has a devoted staff of doctors and nurses who are as caring as Eric is. But when he takes on a new patient, Eric's entire world begins to crumble. Seventeen-year-old Max has a terminally ill grandmother and is having trouble handling it. That, plus his OCD and violent thoughts about a girl he likes makes Max a high risk patient. Max can't turn off the rituals he needs to perform every fifteen minutes that keep him calm. With the pressure mounting, Max just might reach the breaking point. When the girl is found murdered, Max is nowhere to be found. Worried about Max, Eric goes looking for him and puts himself in danger of being seen as a "person of interest". Next, one of his own staff turns on him in a trumped up charge of sexual harassment. Is this chaos all random? Or is someone systematically trying to destroy Eric's life?

New York Times best selling author Lisa Scottoline's visceral thriller, Every Fifteen Minutes, brings you into the grip of a true sociopath and shows you how, in the quest to survive such ruthlessness, every minute counts. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1238359471

I started out loving this book. I could not put it down! But then some of the things that Dr. Eric Parrish let his soon-to-be ex-wife do to him started getting on my nerves. And the fact that he did nothing over the sexual harassment he was getting from a student at his hospital. All of that stuff just went on and on until they blew up in his face and I wanted to throw the book across the room.

But.... I kept going because I wanted to know what the outcome would be. He was also seeing a boy named Max who had OCD, he was having a hard time with the fact his grandmother was dying from cancer. She was the only one in his family close to him. His mother was a drunk and his father left when he was young. Some of the things Max said got Eric worried he might kill a girl, but he wasn't too sure yet, it was only the second time seeing him so he had to wait and see.

Eric has the sweetest little girl named Hannah and his wife/ex Caitlin was dragging him through the dirt on so many things. I COULD NOT believe some of the stuff this witch was doing to him and her daughter, but I will say that it all worked out in the end for them and that is all that matters there.

So... in the beginning of the book in the short chapter one the sociopath was telling his/her little story and it was creepy. The thing is those kind of people exist out there and you never know where they are creeping around. I was thinking it was one of the characters for a long time, but I couldn't see the author making it that obvious. Suffice it to say, I NEVER saw it coming, NEVER believed who the killer was in a million years. And that brings me back to the first chapter where the killer/sociopath says... They never see me coming. Know why? Because I'm already there. Well, that sentence ladies and gentlemen rang true for me in this book!!!

I loved the over all premise of the story, but some of it just irritated me so bad that I'm going to give this one a 3.5 stars.

I would like to read more of this author's books and see what they are like as this one wasn't that bad, just a little too much of me wanting to smack too many people!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment